We are an integrated marketing and customer experience consultancy comprised of professionals across offices in New York, San Francisco, Cincinnati with options for remote working. MOJO’s team includes former CMO’s, brand and agency rock stars, management consultants, start-up and technical leaders – all working relentlessly to deliver against our clients’ greatest opportunities.
Our range of service offerings are designed to cover the spectrum, from strategy to activation, helping clients bring transformative initiatives and experiences to market. Our ability to seamlessly partner from thought to execution helps companies of all sizes thrive.
We are a tight-knit group of professionals who love what we do. Together, we create engaging and dynamic brands, products and experiences. We are dreamers and doers. You’ll do well here if you’re interested in collaborating and winning with a diverse team committed to enjoying each other and the work we do.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Controller. You will report to the CEO. This role will be remote or located in our office in Marin County, California. You will oversee all MOJO professional services and MOJO Ventures financials.
We are looking for a results-driven and confident Financial Controller to lead and improve our organization’s financial performance and direct our internal controls and accounting operations. Duties of the Controller will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, preparing financial statements for CPA review, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy financial controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote financial compliance, and drive income generation.
- Preparing financial reports
- Analyzing financial data
- Monitoring and improving internal controls.
- Own budgeting processes
- Managing financial transactions
- Managing day-to-day AR/AP
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
- Developing plans for financial growth
- Evaluating and managing risk
- Coordinating audit processes
- Tax Compliance and coordination with third-party CPA
Your skills and experience:
- Proficiency in ERP systems (Oracle NetSuite experience huge plus)
- Quickbooks experience required
- Master’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of GAAP (CPA is a plus) and internal controls
- Big 4 experience a bonus
- Analytical and financial reporting skills (knowledge of data science tools is a plus)
- Proven experience in finance management
- Strong ability to multitask
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Auditing experience a plus
- Agency experience a plus
- Compliance oriented
Benefits & Perks include:
- HSA and FSA options
- Dependent care
- Commuter Benefits
- Mobile Phone & home internet stipend
- Weekly team lunches
- Office filled with snacks, drinks and more
- Company sponsored Happy Hours
- Annual Company Wide All Hands Event – includes Travel