We are an integrated agency and customer experience consultancy composed of marketing and communications professionals across offices in New York, San Francisco, Cincinnati. MOJO’s team includes former CMO’s, brand and agency rock stars, management consultants, start-up and technical leaders – all working relentlessly to deliver against our clients’ greatest opportunities. This role will support the motion and video team in work that spans financial services, spirits, and digital advertising
Our range of service offerings are designed to cover the spectrum, from strategy to activation, helping clients improve internal processes and bring transformative initiatives and experiences to market. Our ability to seamlessly partner from thought to execution helps companies of all sizes thrive.
We are a collective of professionals who love what we do. Together, we create engaging and dynamic brands, products and experiences. We are dreamers and doers. You’ll do well here if you’re interested in collaborating and winning with a diverse team committed to enjoying each other and the work we do.
As the leader of our growing development team, you will be working very closely with MOJO’s senior leadership team in maturing our development practice. You will be responsible for evolving our scoping, planning, development, and QA processes focused on agile development methodologies.
MOJO’s software development work is expanding from mostly front-end focused to more complex web and mobile application development and system integration mostly focused on digital content (DAM), product information (PIM), and eCom.
Since MOJO’s clients have various existing tech stacks MOJO has built a small network of contractors and tech partners who provide a diverse set of tech skills. Hence, in addition to managing a retained dev team, this role will also manage contract resources, and maintain strong tech partnerships.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Managing and mentoring MOJO’s development team
- Evolving and implementing mature development processes
- Ensuring development projects executed by diverse internal and external teams are delivered on time and budget at a high level of quality
- Maintaining strong tech partnerships
- Provide strategic technical advice to MOJO’s clients and work highly collaboratively with our clients and 3rd party tech teams including architecture and solution design
- Guide Dev Ops where needed
- Identify and qualify opportunities for development work
- Support technical aspects of RFI/RFP responses
This role will require solid experience in development team management mixed with a strong entrepreneurial mindset. We look for someone with the following qualities:
- Strong team leader who can mentor and inspire a team to grow and consistently deliver excellent work
- Focused on process and quality yet able to stay agile in an environment of ever-changing needs
- Enthusiastic about technology advances in digital engagement design
- Eager to learn new technologies yet not shy to bring in experts when working with complex unknown environments
- Entrepreneurial thinking and able to identify and drive opportunities
- Highly collaborative team player across multidimensional internal and external teams
- Strong communicator across audiences with widely varying technology literacy
- Openness to the unpredictability of a fast-growing and changing business
- 10+ years of development experience
- Demonstrated tech team leadership
- Board set of full-stack development including Python experience
- Experience guiding dev ops setup
- Accustomed to working with and directing offshore and 3rd party resources on complex development projects
Benefits & Perks include:
- HSA and FSA options
- Dependent care
- Commuter Benefits
- Mobile Phone & home internet stipend
- Weekly team lunches
- Office filled with snacks, drinks and more
- Company sponsored Happy Hours
- Annual Company Wide All Hands Event – includes Travel