MOJO’s strategic communications and PR team specializes in consumer lifestyle public relations, corporate and crisis communications and publicity. Working alongside client partners in the spirits, F&B, travel, cannabis, consumer goods and tech sectors, we strive to create engaging and dynamic campaigns that help brands tell their stories – driving visibility to more than the “what,” but the “why” of the brand and the people working to make it happen every day.
At MOJO, we believe in doing excellent work – but we also believe that it’s vital to respect and support our employees’ interests and commitments outside of working hours. You’ll find artists, parents, gamers and philanthropists on our team – and we are proud to foster an environment where employees have the time and ability to balance work with the other interests in their lives. We believe that’s one of the key reasons that MOJOers have statistically longer tenure when compared to the industry average.
About the Role:
MOJO is seeking a Senior Communications Strategist / Strategic Communications Lead to support our growing roster of spirits and F&B clients. We’re looking for a detail-oriented and proactive professional who excels at strategic planning, writing and building strong relationships with client partners and media. While the role is remote, this employee must be able to commute to NYC for in-person needs (client meetings, media events, etc.). The rest of the team is also based in the New York City Metropolitan Area.
Who You Are:
A driven PR professional looking for a position that lets you flex your creative muscles and work with fun, interesting and dynamic brands on a collaborative team. At MOJO, we are all about being nimble and hustling to deliver the very best work for our clients – if finding creative solutions and working hands-on to deliver best-in-class results excites you, this role may be for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a key client team liaison, leading status calls and developing strong working relationships with client partners
- Manage projects and lead work streams by overseeing trackers, timelines and processes (both internally and externally)
- Interface with media on behalf of client partners, serving as a spokesperson and representative for various brands
- Brainstorm, manage and execute proactive and reactive media relations around client campaigns and “always on” PR activities
- Lead and participate in all-team and all-agency brainstorms to support planning for exciting client campaigns, product launches, brand acts and activations
- Support clients in vendor and partner management around key brand acts and activations, including budget management (with support from the larger MOJO team)
- Draft media materials including media lists, press releases, media alerts, talking points, statements, pitches, etc.
- Conduct ongoing media monitoring and regular (monthly/quarterly) performance reporting for clients, including analysis of competitors and the relevant industries
What You’ll Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in communications or another related field
- 3-5 years of experience in PR or strategic communications, ideally with some experience in the lifestyle sector (F&B or spirits a plus!)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate needs
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative and work ethic
- Reliability and resourcefulness; the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and identify gaps/challenges and propose solutions
- Adaptability and openness to feedback and constant learning
- A collaborative mindset and a team-oriented belief that no task is too big or too small (a standard to which the entire team is held)
The salary range and title (Senior Communications Strategist / Strategic Communications Lead) for this role are commensurate with experience: $65,000 – $80,000.
Paid parental leave, 401(k) with matching, Medical, Vision and Dental insurance, HSA with MOJO annual employer contributions, FSA and DCFSA offered, Generous PTO.
Established in 2014, MOJO is both minority- and female-founded and certified Black-owned by the NMSDC.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org